Ronald Matthew Mahay
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- School South Suburban Junior College
- High School Alan B. Shepard High School
- Debut May 21, 1995
- Final Game August 21, 2010
- Born June 28, 1971 in Crestwood, IL USA
Ron Mahay appeared briefly with the Boston Red Sox in 1995 as a center fielder. When he returned to the team in 1997 it was as a relief pitcher making him one of the rare players in baseball history to legitimately play as a pitcher and position player (Babe Ruth, Brooks Kieschnick and Johnny Lindell are others). Since then he has been a journeyman relief pitcher and has very rarely had a chance to bat in a game. He was the last of the 1995 strike replacement players to play in the majors.