We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Ronald Edwin Gant
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 192 lb.
- High School Victoria (TX) High School
- Debut September 6, 1987
- Final Game May 25, 2003
- Born March 2, 1965 in Victoria, TX USA
 Biographical Information
After a successful rookie campaign at second and third bases in 1988, Gant spent part of his sophomore season in the minor leagues, both to re-adjust his approach at the plate due to an extensive slump, and to learn how to play the outfield.
His career suffered a serious setback in the off-season between 1993 and 1994, when he was released by the Atlanta Braves after suffering injuries in a dirt-bike accident. He missed the entire 1994 season but rebounded, however, to win the NL's Comeback Player of the Year Award in 1995 as a member of the Cincinnati Reds. In fact, he tied a Major League record that season by hitting four extra-inning game winning home runs.
 Notable Achievements
- 1988 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 2-time NL All-Star (1992 & 1995)
- NL Silver Slugger Award Winner (1991)
- 1995 NL Comeback Player of the Year Award
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 7 (1990, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1998 & 2000)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 4 (1990, 1991, 1993 & 1996)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (1991 & 1993)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 4 (1990, 1991, 1993 & 1999)