From BR Bullpen
Ronald Forrest Cash
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 180 lb.
- School Manatee Community College, Florida State University
- High School Lakeside High School (Atlanta)
- Debut September 4, 1973
- Final Game October 2, 1974
- Born November 20, 1949 in Atlanta, GA USA
- Died April 22, 2009 in Tampa, FL USA
 Biographical Information
Cash was born in Atlanta, GA and went to Manatee Community College and Florida State University. He attended Florida State at the same time as Johnny Grubb. He appeared in the 1968 Junior College World Series and the 1970 College World Series.
He was drafted five times without signing before he went in the third round (secondary phase) with the Tigers in 1971. Cash came to the majors in 1973 and also played in 1974. He split his time in 1973 between the outfield and third base, while in 1974 he played mostly first base with a few games at third.
Cash was with Detroit at the same time as Norm Cash, with whom he shares a last name. Norm, who was 39 years old in 1974, and Ron, who was 24 that year, both played first base for the Tigers although Bill Freehan had more games at first than either of them.