From BR Bullpen
Ronald Merrill Theobald
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 8", Weight 165 lb.
- Schools University of Arizona, Contra Costa College
- High School Berkeley High School
- Debut April 12, 1971
- Final Game October 4, 1972
- Born July 28, 1943 in Oakland, CA USA
- Died April 15, 2016 in Walnut Creek, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Ron was signed on March 15, 1964 as a free agent by the Chicago Cubs. He played at Berkeley High School in 1959 and Richmond Ells in 1960-1961. He then spent 1962 at Contra Costa Junior College and 1963 at Arizona before signing.
Theobald was at Denver for 1967-69 and part of 1970. He hit .309 in 1970 split between Indianapolis and Denver. He got his chance at the majors after he and Hank Allen were traded to the Brewers in exchange for Wayne Comer.