From BR Bullpen
Roderick Bernet Allen
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Santa Monica High School
- Debut April 7, 1983
- Final Game October 2, 1988
- Born October 5, 1959 in Los Angeles, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Although Rod Allen had only 50 at-bats in the majors, he had a long minor league career from 1977 to 1988, hitting 121 home runs and batting .291. He was in the Mexican League briefly in 1986. He spent most of the 1980s in Triple A ball, hitting .324 in both 1983 and 1988. Allen played for the Hiroshima Carp from 1989 to 1991, hitting .288/.356/.510 overall and homering 25 times in 1990.
 Further Reading
- Rick Vosik: "Rod Allen", in Mark Pattison and David Raglin, ed.: Detroit Tigers 1984: What A Start! What A Finish!, SABR Publications, Phoenix, AZ, 2012, pp. 38-40. ISBN 1933599448