- School University of Pennsylvania
An expert on Japanese baseball, Robert K. Fitts is the author of Remembering Japanese Baseball. He has also published Wally Yonamine: The Man Who Changed Japanese Baseball and a book on the 1934 Major League tour of Asia, which won the 2013 Seymour Medal as the best baseball book published in the previous year. He is the chair of the Society for American Baseball Research's Asian Baseball Research Committee.
- Robert K. Fitts: Remembering Japanese Baseball, Southern Illinois University Press, Carbondale, IL, 2005
- Robert K. Fitts: "The Evolution of Japanese Baseball Strategy", in The Baseball Research Journal, Number 36 (2007), SABR, Cleveland, OH, pp. 61-67.
- Robert K. Fitts: Wally Yonamine: The Man Who Changed Japanese Baseball, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2008.
- Robert K. Fitts: Banzai Babe Ruth: Baseball, Espionage, & Assassination During the 1934 Tour of Japan, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2012.
- Robert K. Fitts: Mashi: The Unfulfilled Baseball Dreams of Masanori Murakami, the First Japanese Major Leaguer, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2015. ISBN 978-0-8032-5521-0