From BR Bullpen
John Joseph Egan
(Jack, Silver Fox)
- Bats Unknown, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 168 lb.
- Debut April 30, 1894
- Final Game April 30, 1894
- Born July 9, 1871 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died December 22, 1950 in Cranston, RI USA
 Biographical Information
The source The Baseball Guru - Umpires Register shows him as an American League umpire from 1907 to 1914; he also umpired a few games in 1903. He is supposed to have been president/manager of the Scranton team in 1926, as well as managing Milwaukee, Providence, Newark, and Oklahoma City. He umped in the minors but no dates are given. He coached Providence College (1935-1937) and scouted for the Boston Red Sox (1939-1944) and Pittsburgh Pirates.
A highlight was umpiring the 1913 World Series.