We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Truett Banks Sewell
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 180 lb.
- School Vanderbilt University
- Debut June 14, 1932
- Final Game September 18, 1949
- Born May 11, 1907 in Decatur, AL USA
- Died September 3, 1989 in Plant City, FL USA
 Biographical Information
Minor League Manager:
1950: Charleston Rebels, farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates, finished 79-72, 4th in the South Atlantic League. 1951: New Orleans Pelicans, farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates, finished 64-90, 7th in the Southern Association.
In 1952 he began the season as manager or the Lakeland Pilots in the Florida International League. The team was woeful (51-103 overall record) and he was replaced mid-season by Buddy Bates. Sewell returned to manage the Pilots in mid-season of 1954. That team finished in 4th place with a record of 71-67 but won the league championship in the playoffs.
 Notable Achievements
- 4-time NL All-Star (1943-1946)
- NL Wins Leader (1943)
- NL Winning Percentage Leader (1948)
- NL Complete Games Leader (1943)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 4 (1940 & 1942-1944)
- 20 Wins Seasons: 2 (1943 & 1944)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 4 (1941-1944)