We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
Richard Charles Wise
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
 Biographical Information
Pitcher Rick Wise made his big league debut as an 18 year old with the Philadelphia Phillies in 1964. Within several years, he became a mainstay in the Phillies rotation. On June 23, 1971, he pitched a no-hitter AND hit two home runs for the Phillies. The next off-season he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals for Steve Carlton. While Wise put up solid numbers in two years in St. Louis, Carlton won the first of his four Cy Young Awards with the Phillies in 1972.
An excellent hitter for a pitcher, Wise posted a .195 batting average with 15 HR in just 668 at bats. Wise spent 1/3 of his career in the American League where he did not bat due to the designated hitter rule.
- 1986 Pitching coach Madison Muskies
- 1991 Pitching coach New Britain Red Sox
- 1997 Pitching coach Cedar Rapids Kernels
- 2008 Pitching coach Lancaster Barnstormers
Wise also spent two seasons as the pitching coach of the Nashua Pride (2006-2007?)
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time NL All-Star (1971 & 1973)
- 15 Wins Seasons: 6 (1969, 1971-1973, 1975 & 1979)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 9 (1969-1973, 1975, 1976, 1978 & 1979)