From BR Bullpen
Richard Eugene Manning
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 180 lb.
- High School LaSalle High School (Niagara Falls)
- Debut May 23, 1975
- Final Game October 4, 1987
- Born September 2, 1954 in Niagara Falls, NY USA
 Biographical Information
In 1983, Rick Manning was traded by the Cleveland Indians to the Milwaukee Brewers for Gorman Thomas, a crowd favorite and a former home run champion. The trade was not well-received in Milwaukee even though Manning was a solid defensive outfielder who had speed and was able to hit line drives to all corners of the ballpark.
Since 1990, he has been a broadcaster for the Cleveland Indians.
 Notable Achievements
- AL Gold Glove Winner (1976)
 Further Reading
- Rick Manning (as told to John McMurray): "The Game I'll Never Forget", Baseball Digest, October 2007, pp. 58-60.