From BR Bullpen
Frederick Steven Auerbach
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 165 lb.
- School Mesa Community College, Pierce College
- High School William Howard Taft High School (Woodland Hills)
- Debut April 13, 1971
- Final Game August 12, 1981
- Born February 15, 1950 in Woodland Hills, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Shortstop Rick Auerbach played eleven seasons in the major leagues for four different teams. While his lifetime batting average is only .220, that's a bit misleading because he hit over .300 several times, especially once he began pinch-hitting.
Auerbach's only year with over 250 at-bats was in 1972, when he appeared in 153 games at shortstop for the 1972 Milwaukee Brewers at age 22. The only younger position player was Darrell Porter at age 20, but Porter appeared in only 18 games. Auerbach hit .218 in 1972, on a team that hit .235 during the second dead-ball era.
He finished out his career in 1981 with Seattle.