From BR Bullpen
Rexford E. Carrow
- Bats Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 185 lb.
- School Michigan State University, College of Charleston, UCLA
- High School Grand Ledge High School
- Born February 4, 1927 in Mount Pleasant, MI USA
- Died April 1, 2014 in Lansing, MI USA
 Biographical Information
Third baseman Red Carrow played in the minor leagues from 1947 to 1951.
He began his career in the Philadelphia Phillies system, hitting .339 with 38 hits in 33 games for the Appleton Papermakers in 1947. In 1948, he hit .274 with career highs in home runs (8), doubles (39), hits (128) and total bases (195) for Appleton.
Joining the Cleveland Indians system in 1949, he batted in the .250s with the Harrisburg Senators in 1949 and 1950. In 1951, his final season, he hit .279 in 108 games between the Cedar Rapids Indians and Harrisburg.
Overall, he hit .270 with 524 hits in 534 games over five seasons.
He later became a college professor who authored numerous books, book chapters and papers.