From BR Bullpen
Cecil Randolph Hundley Jr.
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 175 lb.
- School University of Virginia
- High School Bassett High School
- Debut September 27, 1964
- Final Game September 25, 1977
- Born June 1, 1942 in Martinsville, VA USA
 Biographical Information
An "iron man' behind the plate, Randy "Rebel" Hundley caught 160 games for the Chicago Cubs in 1968 and caught 149 or more from 1966 to 1969. Originally a fair hitter, knee injures slowed him from 1970 on and he finished with just a .236 average following his retirement after the 1977 season.
Hundley started his career with the San Francisco Giants before joining the Cubs in 1966. He also played for the Minnesota Twins, in 1974 and the San Diego Padres in 1975. Still a popular figure with Cubs fans, Hundley occasionally filled in on Cubs radio broadcasts for ex-teammate Ron Santo.
He is the father of Todd Hundley.
 Notable Achievements
 Records Held
- Games, catcher, season, 160, 1968