From BR Bullpen
Mark Randall Bobb
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 185 lb.
- School Arizona State University
- High School Verdugo Hills High School
- Debut August 15, 1968
- Final Game September 19, 1969
- Born January 1, 1948 in Los Angeles, CA USA
- Died June 13, 1982 in Carnelian Bay, CA USA
 Biographical Information
He had 8 at-bats with the Cubs in 1968 and 2 at-bats with them in 1969. His one career hit came on August 21, 1968, against the Atlanta Braves off Ron Reed. During spring training of 1970, it was announced that he had made the team, but then was traded to the New York Mets for another catcher, J.C. Martin. Manager Leo Durocher said he took the news hard. He was sent down to the minors by the Mets, and Duffy Dyer became the backup catcher for the Mets.
Bobb died of a ruptured aorta hours after an automobile accident. He was discovered at his home, having not shown up for his carpentry job.