From BR Bullpen
Pius Louis Schwert
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 160 lb.
- School University of Pennsylvania
- Debut August 20, 1914
- Final Game October 7, 1915
- Born November 22, 1892 in Angola, NY USA
- Died March 11, 1941 in Washington, DC USA
 Biographical Information
Pius Schwert was elected to Congress as a Democrat from New York in 1938 and served until his death. He was one of several University of Pennsylvania players of his time that came to the majors, none of whom developed a long major league career.
He also played in the minors from 1915 to 1921, mostly in the International League.