From BR Bullpen
Philadelphia is the largest city in Pennsylvania, located on the Delaware River, in the southeastern part of the State. Camden, NJ lies across the river, and Wilmington, DE is 20 miles to the south-west.
 Teams that have played here
- Philadelphia Athletics, National Association (1871-1875)
- Philadelphia White Stockings, National Association (1873-1875)
- Philadelphia Centennials, National Association (1875)
- Philadelphia Athletics, National League (1876)
- Philadelphia Athletics, American Association (1882-1891)
- Philadelphia Phillies, National League (1883-1942, 1945-present)
- Philadelphia Keystones, Union Association (1884)
- Philadelphia Pythians, League of Colored Baseball Clubs (1887)
- New York Big Gorhams, Middle States League (1889)
- Philadelphia Quakers, Players League (1890)
- Philadelphia Reserves, Eastern League (1892)
- Philadelphia Colts, Pennsylvania State League (1894)
- Philadelphia Athletics, Atlantic League (1896-1897, 1900)
- Philadelphia Athletics, American League (1901-1954)
- Philadelphia Giants, Negro Leagues (1902-1916)
- Philadelphia Tigers, Eastern Colored League (1928)
- Philadelphia Stars, Negro National League (1934-1948)
- Philadelphia Blue Jays, National League (1943-1944)
- Philadelphia Stars, Negro American League (1949-1950)
 Further Reading
- Paul Browne: "Mundell's Solar Tips: The Intersection of Amateur, Trade, Professional and Major League Baseball in Philadelphia", in Morris Levin, ed.: From Swampoodle to South Philly: Baseball in Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley, The National Pastime, SABR, 2013, pp. 28-31.
- Bruce Kuklick: To Every Thing a Season: Shibe Park and Urban Philadelphia, 1909-1976, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1991.
- Jeff Laing: "Philadelphia — October 1866: The Center of the Baseball Universe", in Morris Levin, ed.: From Swampoodle to South Philly: Baseball in Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley, The National Pastime, SABR, 2013, pp. 19-21.
- Peter Morris et al.: Base Ball Founders: The Clubs, Players and Cities of the Northeast That Established the Game, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2013. ISBN 978-0-7864-7430-1
- John Shiffert: Base Ball in Philadelphia: A History of the Early Game, 1831-1900, McFarland, Jefferson, NC, 2006.
- Rich Westcott: Philadelphia's Top 50 Baseball Players, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE, 2013. ISBN 978-0-8032-4340-8