From BR Bullpen
Philip Weintraub (Mickey)
- Bats Left, Throws Left
- Height 6' 1", Weight 195 lb.
- School Loyola University of Chicago
- Debut September 5, 1933
- Final Game August 5, 1945
- Born October 12, 1907 in Chicago, IL USA
- Died June 21, 1987 in Palm Springs, CA USA
 Biographical Information
1944 was in general a monster year for him. His numbers of .316/.412/.524 combined to give him an OPS+ of 162, which was 5th best in the league - even though he was 36 years old at the time. The 35-year-old Mel Ott, who was on the same New York Giants team with him, did even better with a 171 OPS+, although for Ott it was just a typical season.
- Weintraub is the most prominent and most recent major leaguer to come out of Loyola University of Chicago.