From BR Bullpen
Paul B. Meloan (Molly)
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 175 lb.
- School Washington University in Saint Louis
- Debut August 2, 1910
- Final Game September 12, 1911
- Born August 23, 1888 in Paynesville, MO USA
- Died February 11, 1950 in Taft, CA USA
 Biographical Information
An article in The American Magazine, Vol. 71, indicates that Charlie Comiskey paid $4,000 to get Meloan from Springfield. The article also states that Meloan had been an amateur player in East St. Louis, IL a couple of years earlier. Meloan played in the minors though 1919.
Through 2008 he and Jonathan Meloan are the only two major leaguers with the last name Meloan.