Patrick Paul Zachry
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 5", Weight 180 lb.
- High School Richfield High School (Waco)
- Debut April 11, 1976
- Final Game May 29, 1985
- Born April 24, 1952 in Richmond, TX USA
Pat Zachry shared the 1976 National League Rookie of the Year Award with reliever Butch Metzger of the San Diego Padres. He went 14-7 with the World Champion Cincinnati Reds that year. He started and won Game 2 of the 1976 NLCS against the Philadelphia Phillies and Game 3 of the World Series against the New York Yankees. Early in the 1977 season, he was traded to the New York Mets as part of the Tom Seaver trade; he and Steve Henderson were the key players acquired by the Mets, and while both played well at first, neither turned into the expected superstar. Zachry settled into being a reliable but unspectacular and injury-prone pitcher and never again reached the totals he put up in his rookie year.
- 1976 NL Rookie of the Year Award
- NL All-Star (1978)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1976)
- Won a World Series with the Cincinnati Reds in 1976
|NL Rookie of the Year|
|John Montefusco||Pat Zachry & Butch Metzger||Andre Dawson|