Alain Patrick Scalabrini
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 215 lb.
- School Seminole State College, University of Hawaii
Pat Scalabrini is a former minor league player who also played for the Canadian national team. He played two seasons for the Hawaii Rainbows, then began his professional career with the Quebec Capitales in 2001 and 2002 and the Winnipeg Goldeyes in the Northern League in 2003. He was an All-Star third baseman for Quebec in 2002, hitting .325 with 7 homers and 45 RBI. He also was named the Northern League's Eastern Division Rookie of the Year. He took time off baseball during the winter of 2003 to sell lifts for the elderly and disabled, but was lured back to baseball the following season. In the 2003 Baseball World Cup, Scalabrini was 2 for 17 as Canada's main third baseman but his hits were a double and a homer. He made 4 errors in 10 chances. In fact he was signed by the Chicago Cubs for 2003 but was released in spring training. He was also employed in 2003 as a subsitute teacher in French immersion schools around the Toronto, ON area while he was temporarily out of a contract. 
After the 2004 season, he got a second shot at Organized Baseball, spending a season in the Baltimore Orioles organization in 2005. He hit .260 in 62 games for the Delmarva Shorebirds of the Class-A South Atlantic League and .245 in 45 games for the Frederick Keys of the Carolina League. He then played for the St. Paul Saints in 2006. He returned to Quebec in 2007 where he matched his .325 batting average from 5 years earlier, adding 5 home runs and 41 RBI. He was with Quebec again in 2008, going .270 in 91 games played and 359 at-bats. In 2009, he ceded his spot on the team to Pete Laforest, and acted as the Capitales' hitting coach. In 2010 he took over as the team's manager from Michel Laplante, who moved to the front office.
During an interview with SLAM Sports in 2003, he listed the following as his favorites:
- Favorite TV show: The Simpsons
- Loaded in his DVD player: The Big Lebowski
- CD du jour: Anything by Rage Against the Machine
- Favorite late night snack: Protein shakes
- Hobbies: Time alone. Reading. "Right now I'm reading a trilogy by French writer Michel Folco. It's about following the life of an executioner's family through different generations."
- Lucky charm: "I have a Hawaiian necklace that was broke so I keep the pendant for good luck."
- Charitable efforts: Baseball clinics for kids from my friends' families.
- Off-season activity: Office work and substitute teaching at elementary schools.
- Worst habit: Too laid-back at times.
- Best habit: Work ethic.
Year-By-Year Minor League Managerial Record
|2010||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||57-37||1st||Independent Leagues||League Champs|
|2011||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||64-26||1st||Independent Leagues||League Champs|
|2012||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||66-34||1st||Independent Leagues||League Champs|
|2013||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||56-42||1st||Independent Leagues||League Champs|
|2014||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||46-50||3rd||Independent Leagues|
|2015||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||54-42||2nd||Independent Leagues||Lost in 1st round|
|2016||Quebec Capitales||Can-Am Association||56-44||3rd||Independent Leagues||Lost in 1st round|