From BR Bullpen
Ody Cleon Abbott
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 180 lb.
- School Washington & Jefferson College
- Debut September 10, 1910
- Final Game October 15, 1910
- Born September 5, 1888 in New Eagle, PA USA
- Died April 13, 1933 in Washington, DC USA
 Biographical Information
Ody Abbott was at Washington & Jefferson College from 1906-10, and in 1910 he was purchased by the 1910 St. Louis Cardinals from Newcastle of the Ohio-Pennsylvania League. He played in 22 games in the major leagues as an outfielder with the 1910 St. Louis Cardinals under manager Roger Bresnahan. His range and fielding percentage were excellent, but he hit only .186.
His minor league stops included:
- Newark (International League)
- New Haven (Eastern League)
- Oakland (Pacific Coast League)
- Tacoma (Northwestern League)
Following his baseball career, he was sheriff of Washington county, Pennsylvania.