North Central League
The North Central League began with six teams in the northern US and Canada in 1994. 39 year old Juan Berenguer was the league's top closer in '94, going 3-1 with 21 saves and a 1.48 ERA for the Minneapolis Loons. The Brainerd Bears beat the Regina Cyclones in the title game.
The league shrank to four teams in 1995 and each team played 14-22 games before the circuit ceased operations early in the summer.
- Brainerd, MN: Brainerd Bears 1994-1995
- Chaska, MN: Chaska Valley Buccaneers 1995
- Hibbing, MN: Minnesota Skeeters 1995
- Huron, SD: Huron Heaters 1994
- Marshall, MN: Marshall Mallards 1994
- Minneapolis, MN: Minneapolis Loons 1994
- Regina, SK: Regina Cyclones 1994
- Romeoville, IL: Will County Claws 1995
- Saskatoon, SK: Saskatoon Riot 1994