From BR Bullpen
Nelson Thomas Potter (Nellie)
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 180 lb.
- School Mount Morris College
- Debut April 25, 1936
- Final Game September 18, 1949
- Born August 23, 1911 in Mount Morris, IL USA
- Died September 30, 1990 in Mount Morris, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Potter was the first pitcher suspended in the post-spitball era when he was accused of throwing a spitter in 1944.
In 1947, he helped start the first-ever pension plan for major league players.
Upon retirement he moved back to his small hometown, Mount Morris, IL, where he ran a bowling alley and also served as a township supervisor.
 Notable Achievements
- 15 Wins Seasons: 2 (1944 & 1945)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 3 (1940, 1944 & 1945)