From BR Bullpen
Neil Patrick Allen
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 190 lb.
- High School Bishop Ward High School
- Debut April 15, 1979
- Final Game September 19, 1989
- Born January 24, 1958 in Kansas City, KS USA
 Biographical Information
Neil Allen threw a two-hitter on July 20, 1986 as a member of the Chicago White Sox against the New York Yankees. He did not walk or strike out anyone in the game. The two hits were a double by Rickey Henderson and a single by Dave Winfield. This was the only two-hit shutout with no walks and no strikeouts since at least 1957. Rudy May had a similar game in 1977 but it was not a shutout.
Since retiring as a player, Allen has spent over a decade as a minor league coach. He coached in the Toronto Blue Jays system from 1996-1999 and the New York Yankees chain from 2000 to 2006. He was also the Yankees' bullpen coach in 2005.
- 1995 Pitching Coach Mobile BaySharks
- 1996, 1998-1999 Pitching coach St. Catharines Stompers
- 1997 Pitching coach Medicine Hat Blue Jays
- 2000 Pitching coach Greensboro Bats
- 2001-2002 Pitching coach Staten Island Yankees
- 2003-2004, 2006 Pitching coach Columbus Clippers
- 2007-2009 Pitching coach Montgomery Biscuits
- 2010 Pitching coach Charlotte Stone Crabs
- 2011-2013 Pitching coach Durham Bulls