From BR Bullpen
Morgan Paul Ensberg
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 210 lb.
- School University of Southern California
- High School Redondo Beach High School
- Debut September 20, 2000
- Final Game May 25, 2008
- Born August 26, 1975 in Redondo Beach, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Morgan Ensberg and Jason Lane were teammates on four different teams. They were together at USC and Ensberg was drafted by the Houston Astros in 1998 and was followed to Houston by Lane a year later. In July of 2007 the Astros traded Ensberg to the San Diego Padres for a player to be named later. Just weeks later Lane was sent to the Padres in a separate deal. Finally that offseason both players signed with the New York Yankees as free agents. However, Ensberg was released after a few weeks of ineffective play in 2008, when he hit .203 in 28 games while Lane never even made the team.
Ensberg became an assistant coach at University of Southern California in 2011. He then moved to University of California, San Diego for 2012. He became an infield "development specialist" for the Houston Astros in 2013, assigned to the Lancaster JetHawks. In 2014, he was a special assignment coach with the Astros.
Ensberg has been announcing the Fullerton Regional for ESPN in 2011.
 Notable Achievements
- NL All-Star (2005)
- NL: Silver Slugger Award Winner (2005)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (2003, 2005 & 2006)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 1 (2005)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (2005)