(Redirected from Monty Kennedy)
Montia Calvin Kennedy
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 2", Weight 185 lb.
- High School Amelia (VA) High School
- Debut April 18, 1946
- Final Game September 12, 1953
- Born May 11, 1922 in Amelia, VA USA
- Died March 1, 1997 in Midlothian, VA USA
Monte Kennedy pitched 10 seasons in organized baseball, from 1942 to 1954, eight in the major leagues and 3 in the minors, losing three years to the military. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps for three years during World War II (BN).
He pitched eight years for the New York Giants. Playing for the Minneapolis Millers of the American Association, he pitched a 14-0 no-hitter against the Louisville Colonels on June 10, 1948. He led the National League with 116 bases on balls in 1946, but compensated to some extend by allowing the fewest hits per 9 innings that season, 7.38.
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1949)