Mike McCormick (mccormi02)
From BR Bullpen
Myron Winthrop McCormick
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 0", Weight 200 lb.
- High School Stockton (CA) High School
- Debut April 16, 1940
- Final Game September 30, 1951
- Born May 6, 1917 in Angels Camp, CA USA
- Died April 13, 1976 in Los Angeles, CA USA
 Biographical Information
Mike McCormick was a 10-year major leaguer from 1940-1951 who played the outfield for six different teams, three of which he went with to the World Series.
In the 1940 World Series, which Cincinnati won, he batted second in the order and played centerfield.
McCormick entered the Navy in May 1943 and was discharged in November 1945.
He is a member of the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame.
He is one of three major league players with the name Mike McCormick. While he was an outfielder, one of the others was an infielder and the third was a pitcher.