'For the minor league pitcher with the same name, see Mike Cook (minors01)
Michael Horace Cook
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 200 lb.
- School University of South Carolina
- High school St. Andrew's Parish High School
- Debut July 1, 1986
- Final Game October 3, 1993
- Born August 14, 1963 in Charleston, SC USA
Mike Cook was a 1st round draft pick (19th overall) of the California Angels in the 1985 amateur draft. He made his major league debut with the Angels in 1986 at the age of 22 and spent five years in the majors with the Minnesota Twins, Baltimore Orioles and New York Mets organizations. In his major league career he compiled a 1-6 record, a 5.55 ERA and recorded 53 strikeouts and allowed 45 walks.
He attended the University of South Carolina where he was named an All-American his junior year (1985).
He was elected into the Charleston, S.C. Baseball Hall of Fame.