From BR Bullpen
Roy Maxwell Alvis
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 187 lb.
- School University of Texas at Austin
- Debut September 11, 1962
- Final Game September 27, 1970
- Born February 2, 1938 in Jasper, TX USA
 Biographical Information
Max Alvis began his career with bright promise, but a bout with spinal meningitis, contracted during the 1964 season, probably took a toll. He was an American League All-Star in 1965 and 1967 and also led the American League in being hit by pitches in 1963 and 1965. He spent most of his career with the Cleveland Indians, but finished as a member of the inaugural edition of the Milwaukee Brewers in 1970.
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time AL All-Star (1965 & 1967)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (1963, 1965 & 1967)