From BR Bullpen
Matthew Littleton Winters
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 215 lb.
- High School Williamsville High School
- Debut May 30, 1989
- Final Game October 1, 1989
- Born March 18, 1960 in Buffalo, NY USA
 Biographical Information
It took Matt Winters 11 years and 1,289 minor league games to get a big league call-up. When finally called up, he led off his major league career with a double.
Following a brief career in the Major Leagues with the Kansas City Royals, Winters played in Japan for the Nippon Ham Fighters from 1990 through 1994. In Japan, Matt hit a total of 160 home runs, drove in 428 runs, and had 1,203 total bases. He was selected to two Pacific League All-Star teams (1991 & 1993). In 2006, Matt was a scout for the Fighters.
 Career Highlights
- 1978 Drafted by the New York Yankees in the 1st round (24th overall) of the amateur draft.
- 1978 Led the Oneonta Yankees in Triples.
- 1979 Led the Oneonta Yankees in Home Runs, Walks, Slugging % and OPS.
- 1980 Led the Greensboro Hornets in Home Runs. Teammates included Don Mattingly, Otis Nixon and Rex Hudler.
- 1981 Led the Greensboro Hornets in Runs, Walks, Intentional Bases on Balls and On Base %.
- 1982 Led the Greensboro Hornets in RBI's, Walks, Batting Average, On Base % and OPS.
- 1982 In 29 games for the Nashville Sounds, posted the hightest Batting Average, On Base % and OPS.
- 1983 Led the Columbus Yankees in Walks, Strike Outs and On Base %. Finished 2nd on the team to Steve Balboni in HR's.
- 1984 Led the Columbus Yankees in Walks and On Base %.
- 1987 Led the Memphis Chicks in RBI's.
- 1988 Led the Memphis Chicks in Hits, Home Runs and Total Bases and was named MVP of the Southern League.
- 1989 Appeared in 42 games for the Kansas City Royals.
- 1989 Despite only appearing in 75 games, finished 2nd on the Omaha Royals in Home Runs.
- 1991 Pacific League All Star for the Nippon Ham Fighters in Japan.
- 1993 Pacific League All Star for the Nippon Ham Fighters in Japan.
- 1995-2001 Coach for the Kane County Cougars.
- 2005 Coach for the Altoona Curve.
- 2006 Scout for the Ham Fighters