Matthew Antonio Antonelli
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- School Wake Forest University
- High School St. John's Preparatory School (Danvers)
- Debut September 1, 2008
- Final Game September 28, 2008
- Born April 8, 1985 in Peabody, MA USA
Matt Antonelli was selected by the San Diego Padres in the first round of the 2006 amateur draft. He was signed by scout Ash Lawson for $1.575 million and made his pro debut that year with the Eugene Emeralds, where he hit .286 in 55 games, before being promoted to the Fort Wayne Wizards for five games at the end of the season.
Antonelli was called up by San Diego when rosters expanded on September 1, 2008 and made his debut the same day, as the Padres' starting second baseman against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He got his first major league hit that day.