(Redirected from Marvin Goodwin)
Marvin Mardo Goodwin
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 168 lb.
- School United States Coast Guard Academy
- High School Gordonsville (VA) High School
- Debut September 7, 1916
- Final Game October 4, 1925
- Born January 16, 1891 in Gordonsville, VA USA
- Died October 21, 1925 in Houston, TX USA
He was the manager of the Houston Buffaloes in the 1924-1925 Texas League. He was a member of the Ellington Field Squadron, a flying unit of the Texas National Guard. He crashed his plane on a training flight while a member of the U.S. Army Air Force Reserve and died three days later at age 34. Thus, 22 years after the Wright brothers' flight, Goodwin became the first major leaguer to be killed in an airplane crash. He is buried in Gordonsville, VA.