Note: This page is for 1990s pitcher Mark Leiter; for his son who made his major league debut in 2017, click here.
Mark Edward Leiter
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 210 lb.
- School Connors State College, Ramapo College of New Jersey
- High School Central Regional High School (Bayville)
- Debut July 24, 1990
- Final Game October 7, 2001
- Born April 13, 1963 in Joliet, IL USA
Pitcher Mark Leiter was signed by the Baltimore Orioles and scout Joe Bowman as a 4th round pick in the January 1983 amateur draft. Leiter missed the entire 1986, 1987, and 1988 seasons due to injury.
Over his career, he was a league leader in various categories, but none of them positive: his 17 losses led the National League in 1997, as did his 115 earned runs allowed that year. He also led his league in hit batsmen three straight seasons, from 1994 to 1996, and in 1996, the 37 homers he gave up were tops in the NL.
- 1991 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons (1996)