James Luther Sewell
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 9", Weight 160 lb.
- School University of Alabama
- High School Wetumpka High School
- Debut June 30, 1921
- Final Game August 1, 1942
- Born January 5, 1901 in Titus, AL USA
- Died May 14, 1987 in Akron, OH USA
Sewell also spent several seasons with Cleveland as a coach and one season as a coach in Cincinnati before taking over as the Reds skipper in 1949. He was a minor league manager from 1954 to 1956, the first two years with the Toronto Maple Leafs and the final year (partial) with the Seattle Rainiers.
- AL All-Star (1937)
- ML Manager of the Year Award (1944)
- AL Pennants: 1 (1944)
|St. Louis Browns Manager
|Cincinnati Reds Manager