From BR Bullpen
Larry Eugene Hisle
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 195 lb.
- High School Portsmouth High School
- Debut April 10, 1968
- Final Game May 6, 1982
- Born May 5, 1947 in Portsmouth, OH USA
 Biographical Information
Larry never hit less than .300 in the minors, beginning with a .433 average in 21 games with Huron in 1966. His first shot at the majors was in 1968, and in 1969 and 1970 he became a regular for the Philadelphia Phillies before spending much of 1971 and all of 1972 back in the minors.
However, he was just too good to stay in the minors and he came back to the bigs in 1973 as a regular again, after having been traded around from the Phillies to the Los Angeles Dodgers to the St. Louis Cardinals to the Minnesota Twins.
 Notable Achievements
- 1969 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 2-time AL All-Star (1977 & 1978)
- AL RBI Leader (1977)
- 20-Home Run Seasons: 3 (1969, 1977 & 1978)
- 30-Home Run Seasons: 1 (1978)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 2 (1977 & 1978)
|Blue Jays Hitting Coaches|
|Gene Tenace||Larry Hisle||Willie Upshaw|
|1992 to 1995|