Lawrence J. Battam
- Bats Unknown, Throws Unknown
- Height 5' 11" Weight 166 lb.
- Debut September 28, 1895
- Final Game September 30, 1895
- Born May 1, 1878 in Brooklyn, NY USA
- Died January 27, 1938 in Brooklyn, NY USA
"Larry Battam is playing third in good style, and continues to bat heavily." - Sporting Life, April 25, 1896, about Larry Battam with the minor league N.Y. Mets
In the minors, he played for a variety of teams in the Northeast from 1895-1903, and managed in the Connecticut League in 1899. Battam was appointed a member of the New York police department in 1903.
". . . Larry Battam continues to improve so rapidly that he will earn a place in the big League." - Sporting Life, May 9, 1896
Year-by-Year Managerial Record
|1899||Derby Lushers||Connecticut League||3rd||replaced Billy Lush|