From BR Bullpen
Following the outlawing of English in Japanese baseball in October 1940, the Eagles changed their name to Kurowashi, the "black eagles." The name change did not improve the team's play as they finished seventh in 1941 and eighth in 1942. During the 1942 season the team was bought by Kenkichi Saeki, president of Yamato Ironworks, from Ryutaro Takahashi. As a result the team changed its name to Yamato.
- 1940-1942: Kazutaka Terauchi
1940 (midseason) - 1942 (midseason)