From BR Bullpen
Kevin Lee Seitzer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 190 lb.
- School Eastern Illinois University
- Debut September 3, 1986
- Final Game September 28, 1997
- Born March 26, 1962 in Springfield, IL USA
 Biographical Information
Kevin Seitzer was signed as an 11th round pick in the 1983 amateur draft by the Kansas City Royals and scout Art Stewart. When he first came up and had a tremendous rookie year in 1987, he was seen as a potential successor to George Brett as the cornerstone of the franchise, but his hitting after that, while decent, never reached those early levels again.
Seitzer was named the Arizona Diamondbacks hitting coach for the 2007 season, but was replaced by Rick Schu after the 2007 All-Star Game. In 2009, Seitzer became the Royals hitting coach and helped coach Billy Butler to a 20 HR/50 doubles season. He stayed in the position until 2012. He was named the Toronto Blue Jays' hitting coach for 2014.
He hosts a hitting clinic for children along with longtime teammate Mike Macfarlane called "Mac N Seitz"
 Notable Achievements
- 1984 MVP South Atlantic League Charleston Royals
- 1987 Topps All-Star Rookie Team
- 2-time AL All-Star (1987 & 1995)
- AL Hits Leader (1987)
- AL Singles Leader (1987)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 1 (1987)
- 200 Hits Seasons: 1 (1987)