Kenneth William Burkhart
born Kenneth William Burkhardt
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 1", Weight 190 lb.
- High School Central High School (Knoxville)
- Debut April 21, 1945
- Final Game September 25, 1949
- Born November 18, 1916 in Knoxville, TN USA
- Died December 29, 2004 in Knoxville, TN USA
After his career was curtailed by an arm injury, Ken Burkhart became a National League umpire where he served with distinction from 1957 to 1973. As an umpire, he worked four All-Star Games and three World Series.
Burkhart ended his pitching career with the Oakland Oaks in 1951. He was then an umpire in the Florida State League in 1952, and the Big State League in 1953. He was sold to the Western League in August 1953, the to the Texas League in July 1954, where he stayed through 1956.
- 15 Wins Seasons: 1 (1945)
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1945)
- Won a World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1946 (he did not play in the World Series)