Ken Hunt (huntke02)
From BR Bullpen
Kenneth Raymond Hunt
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 200 lb.
- School Brigham Young University
- High School Morgan (UT) High School
- Debut April 16, 1961
- Final Game September 30, 1961
- Born December 14, 1938 in Ogden, UT USA
- Died January 27, 2008 in Morgan, UT USA
 Biographical Information
The team's ERA that year was 3.78, third in the National League, and Hunt's at 3.96 was close to the team average. Since Crosley Field was a hitter's park that year, the pitching was even stronger than it seemed.
Hunt is one of only 35 major league players (as of 2007) born in Utah, and became only the 15th player to die in the state. A star baseball and basketball player in high school, he went to Brigham Young University on a baseball and basketball scholarship. After his baseball days he became a high school English teacher and baseball/basketball coach for 30 years.