From BR Bullpen
Juan Ramon Brito Uceta
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 205 lb.
- Debut May 3, 2002
- Final Game October 3, 2004
- Born November 7, 1979 in Moncion, Santiago Rodriguez, D.R.
 Biographical Information
Some sites list him as the brother of fellow catcher Jorge Brito, something which is hard to verify as sources do not list his full name (i.e. his mother's last name is missing) and there is confusion about his place of birth, with it listed in some places as Santiago and in others as Santiago Rodriguez, which is not a town but a province, on the other side of the country. Such confusion is very common for Dominican players as persons unfamiliar with that country's geography transcribe their birth information, leading to many mistakes. Jorge Brito is one of a handful of major leaguers known to be born in the province of Santiago Rodriguez, which is another pointer towards the fact the two may be brothers. A SABR researcher in the Dominican Republic confirmed that in fact the two are brothers and hail from the same hometown.
 Further Reading
- "The Flying Brito Brothers", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, July/August 2011, p. 2.
- "Last Month's Mystery", in Bill Carle, ed.: Biographical Research Committee Report, SABR, September/October 2011, p. 1.