From BR Bullpen
Juan Bautista Berenguer
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 215 lb.
 Biographical Information
After his major-league career, Juan Berenguer starred for the Minneapolis Loons of the independent North Central League and Prairie League. In 1994, he went 3-1 with a 1.48 ERA and 21 saves, and in 1995, he went 2-3 with a 0.82 ERA, 2 walks to 32 K in 33 innings and 9 saves while being named the league's top reliever. The Minneapolis Loons club disbanded after these two seasons.
 Notable Achievements
- 1978 Pitcher of the Year International League Tidewater Tides
- Won two World Series with the Detroit Tigers (1984; he did not play in the World Series) and the Minnesota Twins (1987)
 Further Reading
- Juan Berenguer (as told to George Vass): "The Game I'll Never Forget", Baseball Digest, August 1992, pp. 47-48. 
- Jason Lenard: "Juan Berenguer", in Mark Pattison and David Raglin, ed.: Detroit Tigers 1984: What A Start! What A Finish!, SABR Publications, Phoenix, AZ, 2012, pp. 45-49. ISBN 1933599448