From BR Bullpen
Jon Erich Rauch
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 11", Weight 230-290 lb.
- School Morehead State University
- High School Oldham County High School
- Debut April 2, 2002
 Biographical Information
The tallest player in major league history, Jon Rauch won an Olympic gold medal for the United States in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. That year, he was also named Baseball America and The Sporting News Minor League Player of the Year.
Keith Hernandez referred to Rauch as "The Wookiee" during SNY broadcasts in 2006. After having been informed by colleagues Ron Darling and Gary Cohen that he'd shaved off his somewhat unkempt hair, Hernandez began referring to him as "The Shaven Wookiee."
 Notable Achievements
- 1999 The Sporting News & Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year, Winston-Salem Warthogs, Carolina League & Birmingham Barons, Southern League
- NL Games Pitched Leader (2007)