From BR Bullpen
John Francis Moore
- Bats Left, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10½", Weight 175 lb.
- Debut September 15, 1928
- Final Game September 26, 1945
- Born March 23, 1902 in Waterville, CT USA
- Died April 4, 1991 in Bradenton, FL USA
 Biographical Information
Johnny Moore had an impact in the world of baseball for many years as a major league player, minor league player, and scout.
He played 10 seasons in the major leagues, all in the National League. He was up in 1928 and 1929, from 1931 to 1937, and in 1945. He had at least 400 at-bats in five of those seasons, and in three of those five seasons, he was among the league leaders in batting average (in 1934, 1935 and 1936).
 Further Reading
- C. Paul Rogers, III: "Johnny Moore", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: Winning on the North Side: the 1929 Chicago Cubs, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 125-129. ISBN 978-1-933599-89-2