From BR Bullpen
John Kinley Tener
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 4", Weight 180 lb.
- Debut June 8, 1885
- Final Game October 4, 1890
- Born July 25, 1863 in County Tyrone, Ireland
- Died May 19, 1946 in Pittsburgh, PA USA
 Biographical Information
A man of many talents, John Tener briefly umpired while active in 1889, and entered politics after his playing career ended. He served as a Congressman from 1909 to 1911, was the governor of Pennsylvania from 1911 to 1915, and National League president from 1914 to 1918. For a time, he served as Governor and NL president at the same time. He was replaced as National League president by John Heydler.
 Notable Achievements
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1889)