John Sullivan (sullijo06)
John Paul Sullivan
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 10", Weight 170 lb.
- School University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Debut June 7, 1942
- Final Game October 2, 1949
- Born November 2, 1920 in Chicago, IL USA
- Died September 20, 2007 in Homewood, IL USA
John Sullivan was the starting shortstop for the Washington Senators for several years during World War II. He missed the 1945 and 1946 seasons after entering the Army in March 1945. Although he suffered a broken back when he drove a Jeep over a cliff in Japan during the post-war occupation, he managed to return to the major leagues in 1947.
He played in the minors through 1953 and also managed the Lynchburg Cardinals for part of 1953.