We performed a site update on April 16, 2013. Please let the admin know if you User_talk:Admin#APRIL_16.2C_2013 encounter any issues. All updates have been performed.
From BR Bullpen
- Bats Right, Throws Left
- Height 6' 0"
- Debut June 28, 1887
- Final Game October 4, 1890
- Born December 10, 1866 in Louisville, KY USA
- Died July 29, 1939 in Indianapolis, IN USA
 Biographical Information
John Sowders managed to play for three different major leagues in three seasons. Primarily a pitcher, he went 19-16 in the 1890 Players League.
It was reported that during the off-season of 1888-89 he was "cutting up meat and fish"; the paper referred to him as "Little John. It was also reported in 1896 that he had been engaged to manage Centralia.
Sporting Life' went through a period, mainly in 1891, when they called him Johnny a lot.
 Notable Achievements
- 200 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1890)
- 300 Innings Pitched Seasons: 1 (1890)