From BR Bullpen
John Joseph Sevcik
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 2", Weight 205 lb.
- School University of Missouri
- Debut April 24, 1965
- Final Game October 3, 1965
- Born July 11, 1942 in Oak Park, IL USA
 Biographical Information
John Sevcik appeared in 12 games in the major leagues for the 1965 Minnesota Twins. He was a 22-year-old catcher. The 1965 Minnesota Twins won 102 games and went to the 1965 World Series which they lost 4-3. Sevcik did not play in the Series.
He attended the University of Missouri from 1962-64 and was signed in 1964 by the Twins as a free agent.
His twin brother Jim Sevcik was also in the Twins organization, but never reached the majors.
A book Cool of the Evening: The 1965 Minnesota Twins by Jim Thielman describes the season and covers Sevcik's contributions to the team.
He was the featured guest at a SABR meeting in Minneapolis in 1996. As of 2005, he lived in San Antonio, TX and was an executive for the Jim Beam company.
 Further Reading
- John Swol: "John Sevcik", in Gregory H. Wolf, ed.: A Pennant for the Twin Cities: the 1965 Minnesota Twins, SABR, Phoenix, AZ, 2015, pp. 242-246. ISBN 978-1-943816-09-5