Happy 10th birthday to the SABR/Baseball-Reference Encyclopedia. Thanks to all those who have contributed and welcome to any who wish to contribute.
From BR Bullpen
John Good Reilly
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 6' 3", Weight 178 lb.
- Debut May 18, 1880
- Final Game October 3, 1891
- Born October 5, 1858 in Cincinnati, OH USA
- Died May 31, 1937 in Cincinnati, OH USA
 Biographical Information
He was twice second in the league in batting average, led the league in slugging twice and was second twice, and led the league in home runs twice. He hit a notable 26 triples in 1890 while playing in the National League.
He played alongside Bid McPhee in the infield for most of his career. McPhee also played his entire major league career in Cincinnati.
 Notable Achievements
- 2-time AA Slugging Percentage Leader (1884 & 1888)
- 2-time AA OPS Leader (1884 & 1888)
- 2-time AA Total Bases Leader (1884 & 1888)
- NL Triples Leader (1890)
- 2-time AA Home Runs Leader (1884 & 1888)
- AA RBI Leader (1888)
- 100 Runs Scored Seasons: 5 (1883, 1884, 1887, 1888 & 1890)
- 100 RBI Seasons: 1 (1888)
- 50 Stolen Bases Seasons: 2 (1887 & 1888)
 Records Held
- Most times hitting for the cycle, career, 3 (tied)
- Most times hitting for the cycle, season, 2, 1883 (tied)