John Robert Marzano
- Bats Right, Throws Right
- Height 5' 11", Weight 197 lb.
- School Temple University
- High School Central High School (Philadelphia)
- Debut July 31, 1987
- Final Game September 23, 1998
- Born February 14, 1963 in Philadelphia, PA USA
- Died April 19, 2008 in Philadelphia, PA USA
John Marzano was signed as a 1st round pick in the 1984 amateur draft by the Boston Red Sox and scout Phil Rossi. In the 1984 Olympics John was a member of the United States team which took the Silver medal in Los Angeles. The year before, he had won a Silver Medal with Team USA in the 1983 Intercontinental Cup and a Bronze Medal in the 1983 Pan American Games.
After his playing career, Marzano held baseball clinics in the Philadelphia, PA area. He was also a panelist on mlb.com's morning radio show at the time of his death. On April 19, 2008, he fell down a flight of stairs at his home in Philadelphia. He later died of postural asphyxia, although it was originally believed to be a heart attack.